– non-stick surface makes it very easy to clean. Charred food debris just slides off the surface.
– base of the unit is made of plastic and acts as an insulator so there is no need to put anything under it to protect your counter or tabletop.
– safety mechanism built in – so that grill cannot be operated without drip pan.
– takes only about 10 minutes to heat up fully, no longer.
– grill is a heavy cast iron so holds heat well. I have seen other similar grills by companies like Sanyo and only Zojurushi uses a heavy cast iron grill.
– heats up very fast, and well. Grills meat very fast.
– no smoke generated- not sure why, there just isn’t any. (At least in my experience)